Satellite Communication Antennas for LEO, MEO, and GEO Satellites and High Altitude Pseudo Satellites
Comtech has developed a cost-effective X/Y antenna pedestal technology that specializes in precision antenna tracking. Our systems are specifically designed for low and medium earth orbits that support Remote Sensing, Earth Observation, and TT&C applications. We offer a range of X/Y tracking antennas from 30 centimeters to 12 meters coupled with our installation expertise and worldwide support in extreme environments such as the Arctic, Middle East and Tropics. Comtech provides the customer a complete satellite and tracking solution for your ground stations.
Our cost-effective radome manufacturing technology can be delivered quickly, are easy to install, and RF tuned for the customer’s mission. Our geodesic radomes and our spherical radomes offer the very best antenna environmental protection possible against all elements at a very competitive price.
T1 Deployable and Type .5 X/Y Systems
Based on our very successful and reliable Type 1 X/Y system, these variants offers capacity to 2.4m in a deployable format suitable for L, S, X, C, Ku, Ka and Q bands. This is achieved by providing a folding quad-pod base and split casings to provide easily assembled sub components at manageable weights.
The innovative transportable antenna systems are designed for transportation to any global site, with prompt setup times unique to their trailer based all-in-one design. The RF and Servo system of the antennas are not modified by the trailer mount, and the systems come with all appropriate road worthiness certifications and can be used with standard HGV coupling.
If required, space is provided for Client supplied equipment in the RF racks. These systems are ideal for rapid deployment scenarios, and can be tailored to suit your needs.
Comtech understands the critical importance of having the site ready for operations when required. We provide site management services to fit customer requirements. By making the best usage of local labor and service with appropriate Comtech oversight we can provide a cost effective, reliable, and flexible site management solution. We have spent more than 35 years managing sites in harsh climates, with limited or no local infrastructure.
Comtech maintains commercial relations with all leading equipment providers. By not tying ourselves to single providers we can ensure that the customer receives the most cost effective integrated solution. With over twenty years international project experience and a staff conversant in export compliance regulations, Comtech maintains strict adherence to export administration laws and regulations without unnecessary risk to delivery schedule.
Comtech can provide transportation solutions for customers in the most remote locations of the world. Often, these selected sites are not regularly serviced by conventional transportation modes. For the past two decades, Comtech Space & Component Technology has been successfully integrating, relocating, and maintaining equipment throughout the Pacific region. Comtech’s expertise in remote location mobilization, demobilization, and logistics offers our customers a significant advantage over our competitors.
Through our processes of detailed systems engineering developed at TRW, along with our continued process improvement, Comtech can provide fully integrated telemetry and communications equipment; facilities; operations and logistics in the most cost-effective solution tailored specifically to the customer mission requirements.
Specialized developments include equipment /facilities integration and station related services. Our systems are custom designed in compliance with specific customer requirements. We pride ourselves on our ability to design and build flexible and innovative solutions incorporating dynamic design concepts along with the latest technologies to meet our customer’s specific requirements.
Our focus is complete customer satisfaction today and into the future. Past Developments and Integrations have included
- Real Time command and telemetry processing/display
- Large Aperture Antenna Systems
- Record and Video Systems
- Receiver and Demodulator Systems
- Fight Safety (termination) Systems
- Mobile, transportable, and fixed sites
- Personnel Living Quarters
- Instrumentation vans/trailers/shelters
- Monitor/Control Systems (M&C)
- Antenna Control Systems (ACU)
- Power Generation Facilities
- Communication Systems – Satellite and Terrestrial Network systems
- Small full-motion antenna systems
Tracking Antennas for LEO, MEO, and GEO Satellites and High Altitude Pseudo Satellites
- 30 centimeters to 14 meters antenna size
- X/Y axis configuration (Type 000 through Type 6 for increasingly larger dishes)
- Transmit/receive feed technologies through V-band
- Designed for tracking LEO, MEO, HEO and GEO spacecraft
- Applications include Earth Observation, Remote Sensing, Communications and TT&C functions
- Lights-out operation, including ethernet (TCP/IP) and M&C software is provided with Linux-based M&C system, includes SNMP and XML support
- Program and Auto Track Performance Effective program track capabilities that utilize ephemeris data in the form of Two Line Element (TLE) data and other formats
- Autotrack Capabilities:
- Low loss mode coupler tracking system for high frequencies and larger aperture antennas that does not affect G/T performance
- Software assisted autotrack – the low velocity tracking dynamic of the X/Y allows the implementation of real time signal level peaking throughout the track by utilizing unique tracking algorithms to control the servo control system
- Single or Multi-Frequency Tuned
- Access Hatches
- Integrated Ring Wall
- Low Insertion Loss
Deployable X/Y System
- X/Y axis configuration
- No ‘cone of silence’ (keyhole) at zenith
- Ideal for tracking LEO, MEO and GEO spacecraft
- Lights Out Monitor & Control and Scheduling
- Custom software control
- Low power consumption
- High reliability
- Lightning Protection
- Heaters/ Air Conditioning
- Tarpaulin Cover
- Aircraft Transportable
- Solid/Petalled Reflector
- Ancillaries Storage
- Operation Cabins
- Automatic Levelling